Tips for Chardham Yatra 2021
Chardham Yatra is a holy pilgrimage journey for Hindus. It is believed that people visit here once in their life to wash away their sins and attain Nirvana. The journey to Chardham is difficult because the paths are hilly and they all are situated on high altitudes. So if you will prepare yourself with the right tips and take proper precautions during your journey, then the yatra could be more enjoyable and easy for you.
Travel Tips and dos and don’ts during Chardham Yatra: –
- Yatra to Chardham usually begins in May and ends in October, accessible only for 6 months throughout the year. The most preferable time to visit Chardham Shrines is when the doors are open. The month of May could be more crowded and could lead to discomforts and problems especially to old age people and children. From June to August, the region experiences heavy rains and leads to the road of difficulties. So the best time for Chardham Yatra is September, after rainfall and you can enjoy the beautiful flourished scenic views of hills and valleys.
- Due to climate changes during Chardham Yatra, one can suffer with throat sore, so carry some tablets to avoid infection and gargle with salt warm water.
- Alcohol, Smoking, drugs and non-vegetarian food is strictly prohibited during Chardham Yatra as you know it is a holy shrine and such items should not be carry during the pilgrimage. So you must respect the terms and conditions of locals during Chardham Yatra.
- Do not plan your journey during the rainy season as there is a lot of landslides in hilly regions.
- It is advisable and beneficial to walk at least 2-3 km per day, a month before the Yatra.
- Still, Cameras are allowed in the Himalayas but photography and videography are prohibited at some places and temples. So, you must respect the sentiments of the local people.
- Always plan your trip with family or friends because the journey to Chardham is long, challenging and the routes are bit difficult, great assistance and company are always needed for the same.
Things to carry during Chardham Yatra: –
- Carry a small first aid box with some bandages, anti-fever tablets, pain killers, cold cough reliever tablets, antibiotic, antiseptic cream, Dettol, etc. always carry doctor prescribed medicines for some general ailments.
- One should eat boiled and fried food instead of raw vegetables, ice drinks, and salads because boiled food is much safer to eat.
- Always carry a hand sanitizer because water is always not healthy and available.
- Always carry a lighter and torch with extra batteries in hilly areas because the light may go off anytime.
- One must carry extra batteries and films for the digital cameras and handy cams because the availability of electricity at every place has fluctuated.
- Warm clothes will be required to keep you away from the cold wind of the Himalayas. Please carry the following clothing and accessories with you:-
- Warm trousers and pants
- Loose pants
- Full sleeves T-shirt
- Raincoat with hood
- Monkey Cap
- Boots and Shoes
- Ladies are advised to wear pants and salwar kameez instead of loose clothing like Saree.
- Don’t forget to carry Sunglasses, Sun hat, umbrella, pocket Knife, rain gear, towel, bags, Sunscreen, moisturizers, etc. during travel.
- You should carry dry fruits, chocolates, Glucose because these things can give you instant energy during trekking and long jams.
- Please carry your BSNL, Reliance, Vodafone, Airtel numbers with you because these connections work perfectly in hilly regions but sometimes it is difficult to get connections in some areas. so, if you have any serious medical emergency then you may contact at ‘108’ (The Mobile emergency service from Government of Uttarakhand).
Note: – Please carry a photo and ID proof along with you while traveling to Chardham.
You May Interest in Chardham Yatra 2021